A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

My Infoline Forum | Latest News & Articles | Technologies | Entertainment
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon
image Los Angeles,California: Actor Andrew Garfield says fathers can have an odd relationship with their offspring that could also mess them up.

The 30-year-old reprises his role as Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and said that the film is a "cautionary tale for dads" as it shows his alter-ego with Harry Osborn battle their own issues, reports contactmusic. com.

"A good dose of therapy would be beneficial to Spider-Man, for sure. But I don't know of any father-and-son relationship that hasn't struggled. Fathers do really have an ability to mess up their sons. And this story is a really good example. It's a cautionary tal
sub icon
image New Delhi,India: Bharti Entreprises' founder and chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal will co-chair the World Economic Forum on Africa beginning Wednesday in Nigerian capital Abuja. The Forum will focus on sustainable healthcare and service delivery.

The event is taking place in the backdrop of significant economic growth, progress in reducing poverty in most parts of sub-Saharan Africa. This year's programme is built on three pillars - accelerating society's transformation, deepening investment partnerships and redesigning growth models.

The 24th World Economic Forum on Africa under the theme "Forging Inclusive Growth, Creating Jobs", will be atte
sub icon
image Bangalore, India: India's third largest IT bellwether Wipro Tuesday announced a partnership with the US-based Axiom Software Laboratories to provide a regulatory reporting solution to global financial institutions.

"With Axiom's expertise in regulatory reporting and risk management solutions, we will jointly address challenges faced by the financial services industry, comprising institutions, banks and insurance players," the global software major said in a statement here.

The integrated software solution will also enable financial enterprises to increase transparency, improve data integrity, granularity and traceability for regulatory complian
sub icon
image Mumbai, India: Aseem Merchant, who allegedly dated Priyanka Chopra during her modelling days, is reportedly planning to direct a film on her life and this has upset the former beauty queen.

Reportedly, the film will not only chronicle her modelling days, but also her infamous fallout with her ex-manager Prakash Jaju.

"I am doing a biopic on Mary Kom's life. She sat with me on every scene and told me about the emotions she felt while going through everything. It would be extremely flattering for me if someone makes a biopic on my life," she said.

"But this particular situation makes me very angry because I know as a woman what I,
sub icon
image Toronto,Canada: Babies, who are most susceptible to cavities in the early years of their lives, are least likely to get dental care even though they need it the most, a study has found.

Prolonged bottle use, especially at night, and sweetened drinks are suspected risk factors for cavities because the carbohydrates in the beverages promote the growth of the bacteria that causes cavities, said Jonathon Maguire, a paediatrician at St Michael's Hospital in Canada.

Of the 2,505 children around four years of age who were surveyed from 2011-13 for the study, 39 percent had never been to a dentist, the findings showed.

Barriers to dental care for fami
sub icon
image   If you are at a crossroads -- wondering whether you should stay at or go from a company post -- don’t make this big life decision unless it is on your terms and for the right reasons. Statistically, you have a better chance of being promoted from within than hired from the outside. And although the compensation can be as much as 20 percent higher for outsiders, the performance of newcomers often lags behind that of internally elevated individuals.   Likewise, if you’re considering joining a startup, remember that the failure rate of new businesses is estimated to be as high as 75 percent. While daunting, these stats are not deterrents: just additional reasons to
sub icon
image Image credit: Shutterstock Some people are hardwired with an entrepreneurial spirit, while others cultivate it over time. We all work diligently to nurture the skills and passion necessary to shoulder the risks of reimagining existing processes or bringing some brand-new idea to life.   Leaders of startups and angel investors ask me all the time how an entrepreneur at heart -- someone with a passion for taking an idea and transforming it into a thriving business -- can find satisfaction once his or her business matures. My answer is that the entrepreneurial spirit doesn’t die, and great entrepreneurs don’t have to sell and start over once their businesses strike i
sub icon
image Image credit: Shutterstock If you give someone an inch, will they always take a mile? Many employers might be surprised to hear about a business that would provide unlimited paid-time off to full-time employees. However, this policy can be successful if a company's culture is founded on trust and mutual respect.   The first step toward creating a culture that can withstand a trust-based policy is for leaders to look outside of the workplace. Leaders must recognize that employees are not only workers, but also parents, spouses, sons and daughters who may have an obligation or emergency to tend to on occasion. When employees are given flexibility, in most cases, it is pr
sub icon
image Bill Gates, the former chief executive and chairman of Microsoft Corp, will have no direct ownership in the company he co-founded by mid-2018 if he keeps up his recent share sales.

Gates, who started the company that revolutionized personal computing with school-friend Paul Allen in 1975, has sold 20 million shares each quarter for most of the last dozen years under a pre-set trading plan.

Assuming no change to that pattern, Gates will have no direct ownership of Microsoft shares at all four years from now.

With his latest sales this week, Gates was finally eclipsed as Microsoft's largest individual shareholder by the company's other forme
sub icon
image The logo of Apple Inc is reflected on the back of a Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone in this photo illustration taken in Beijing June 5, 2013. Credit: Reuters/Barry Huang/Files   San Jose, California: A U.S. jury on Friday ordered Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to pay $119.6 million to Apple Inc, far less than Apple had sought and marking a big loss for the iPhone maker in the latest round of their globe-spanning mobile patent litigation.

During the month-long trial in a San Jose, California, federal court, Apple accused Samsung of violating patents on smartphone features including universal search, while Samsung denied wrongdoing. On Friday, the jury found the
sub icon
image There’s no easy way to admit this, but I am horrible with names.

I shake hands with someone I’ve just met, the person says his or her name, and within 10 seconds I’ve forgotten the name. And since I’ve just started a new job, I am beyond frustrated with my memory problem. Grrrrr.

As PR professionals, we all know the importance of building rapport and maintaining relationship with clients. That can be difficult when you can’t remember the name of the guy sitting next to you at lunch.

Never fear. There are plenty of techniques and tricks from business pros and memory experts to help you remember names. Below is a brief
sub icon
image Which brands are most deserving of your emotional attachment, respect and continued patronage? We set out to determine exactly that, surveying more than 5,000 Entrepreneur readers to learn the companies that elicit their greatest loyalty and trust. Here are the results.
    1. Sephora
2. In-N-Out Burger
3. Publix
4. Patrón
5. Trader Joe's
6. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
7. Panera Bread
8. Virgin America
9. Southwest Airlines
10. Apple Store
11. Whole Foods Market
12. Wynn Las Vegas
13. Bellagio
14. Nordstrom
15. Target
sub icon
image Where have all the workers gone?

There was a push-pull in the immediate reaction to the April employment numbers. Do you focus on the drop in the unemployment rate to 6.3 percent, from 6.7 percent in March, which would ostensibly be positive news, or do you instead cast your eye on the fall in the labor force participation rate, which dropped to 62.8 percent from 63.3 percent?

The answer is that you can't look at one without the other. And, taken together, they continue to paint a frightening picture for the psychology of our labor markets.

First, let's acknowledge some good news. The U.S. economy added 288,000 jobs in April, which was hig
sub icon
image Entrepreneurship is a holistic lifestyle of better health, better ideas and a better lifestyle that you’re working toward. To make those improvements means updating your habits and to change your habits takes commitment and some tricks. One trick that has been helping make change for many is the idea of a swap. From addictions to smoking cessation to weight loss, the idea is that you don’t go cold turkey but you swap out the habit you have for one that’s better.

To be an improved version of yourself, here are some simple daily swaps you can make:

Mind: Swap radio for podcasts or audio books. You’re in the car or at the gym listening to wo
sub icon
image A company called Present Value is trying to change the gift registry game by shifting the focus away from bakeware and linens and onto your financial future.

The New York-based gift registry service, through its website, offers couples or expectant parents a place where friends and family can send money as gifts to help grow their nest egg or repay student loans.

With the average wedding coming in at close to $30,000, it’s no surprise that couples are hoping to recoup a little bit of what they spend on the wedding, get help funding the wedding or put the money towards a down payment on a home. Michael Levenson, 27,  who founded Present Value in Febr
sub icon
image “Respect your efforts, respect yourself.  Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” Clint Eastwood.  

Seemingly this formula worked well for Clint Eastwood in his career and if you want to be better respected at your job, it can work for you too.

Take a moment to conjure up what work would be like if your colleagues, bosses, subordinates and clients treated you more respectfully.  Do you envision more money?  Do you envision more fulfilling relationships with these individuals?

1. Define your values.
People follow strength and competency. 
sub icon
image Giving your baby the best start in life means getting your own health sorted well before you become pregnant. Your general wellbeing, and any medication you’re taking, can all affect your chances of having a healthy pregnancy.   Before you start project baby

It’s worth making adjustments to your lifestyle too, such as eating a balanced diet and taking more exercise.
Should I see my GP before I try to get pregnant?
Yes. It’s worth visiting your local surgery. Most surgeries provide pre-conceptual care, which is care before you become pregnant.

Your check-up doesn’t necessarily need to be with your GP. You may s
sub icon
image When we first watched this video, these 3 guys took our breath away by dancing like a dream. We just kept staring in admiration until we found to our utter shock that two of the dancers were puppets!!! The way these puppets danced…they looked like humans. We are not exaggerating. These puppets were in perfect coordination with the puppeteer and all their moves and steps were in sync. Simply outstanding!     The puppets here fall in the category of rod puppets. Rod puppets are controlled by the puppeteer moving the metal rods attached to the hands of the puppet, any other limbs and by turning the central rod secured to the head.

The puppets and the pup
sub icon
image Image credit: Shutterstock Do you find yourself saying ‘yes’ when you want to say ‘no’? Learning how to say ‘no’ may be one of the most important skills an entrepreneur will need this year.

Here is why it is important. As an entrepreneur, you already have too much on your plate. Piling on extraneous stuff can only prove unproductive. More than that, saying ‘yes’ and being unable to deliver on it will end up in a loss of credibility, friends, and focus – not to speak of the added stress.

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair understood this. “The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is
sub icon
image Image credit: Shutterstock As an entrepreneur, you spend a lot of time psyching yourself out. You’re your own harshest critic.

However positive your intentions, however driven and wonderful your team, every day is not a good day. And because you’re the founder, overseeing the life of your business, those bad days can be terrifying.

Jess Lee, CEO and co-founder of style and social commerce platform, Polyvore, explains this familiar mental trap, where founders often fall into “moments of extreme unhappiness” and stress -- even when your company is doing well.

Why does this clash happen? Lee explains: “Humans are terri
First  < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last
@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)