Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian RTI and social activist fighting for greater transparency in Government. He was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for participating in the Right to Information movement and many other awards. He is the founder of PCRF, a NGO. He is an ardent supporter of janlokpal bill. He is a active member of the civil society.
Everyone knows about Arvind Kejriwal now. He has become a real hero for all the Indians. But people do not know much about his life and personal background. You will come one step closer to him after reading this article. This article also contains some of his interesting images.
• Arvind Kejriwal was born in a Marwari family in Hissar, Haryana in 1968.
• He spent most of his childhood living in small northern Indian towns like Sonepat, Mathura and Hissar.
• Kejriwal graduated from IIT Kharagpur as a Mechanical engineer in 1989.
• Professional life
• Kejriwal joined Tata Steel right after his graduation from IIT Kharagpur. Kejriwal quit his job with Tata Steel in 1992.
• Kejriwal joined the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) in 1995 and worked as an Additional Commissioner of Income Tax in Delhi.
• He resigned from the job in February 2006.
• Kejriwal is an active participant in the movement for the enactment of Jan lokpal bill. He is considered a key figure along with social activist Anna Hazare.
• He donated the prize money of his Magsaysay award as corpus fund for his NGO.
• While working as a tax office in the IRS he gradually came face-to-face of the corruption prevalent in the government department and soon became frustrated
• He has a significant contribution in the field of right to information that led to the passing of RTI law.
• Kejriwal is an active participant in the movement for the enactment of Jan Lokpal Bill. He is considered a key figure along with social activist Anna Hazare.
• He spent some time working with Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata, the Ramakrishna Mission in the North-East India and Nehru Yuva Kendra.
• Ramon Magsaysay Award for his Emergent Leadership in 2006
• Ashoka Fellow award for Civic Engagement on 2004.
• Satyendra Dubey Memorial Award from IIT Kanpur in 2005.
• CNN-IBN 'Indian of the Year' award for the Public Service in 2006
• The Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence in 2010.