A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

Sarabjit’s sister says India should wage war on Pakistan
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Sarabjit’s sister says India should wage war on Pakistan

Islamabad/New Delhi: Indian prisoner in Pakistan Sarabjit Singh, who was brutally attacked by inmates in Pakistan’s Kotlakhpat Jail, died early Thursday morning. Pakistan’s media reported he lost the battle of life. He had slipped into coma after receiving several blows on his head.

11.04am: Rajya Sabha adjourned till 12 noon. 

11.02am: Sarabjit issue rocks parliament, Lok Sabha adjourned till 11.30am.  

10.59am: Sarabjit's sister Darbir Kaur dares Pakistan. 

She said,"India has lost a son, a martyr in Sarabjit."

"I will go back to Pakistan and get justice," she added. 

Dalbir added,"When Surjeet was release instead Sarabjit I was happy that at least an Indian, a Punjabi was released." 

She said,"When we were almost in hysterics and we asked hospital authorities how Sarabjit is they laughed at us."

"We have to stand united. Manmohan Singh ji was stabbed in the back. Whether we are BJP or Cong we have to support Shinde ji and Manmohan ji," she said.

She added,"Pakistan is dishonest. I come from the land of Bhagat Singh. Pakistan cannot deceive me. Earlier Pakistan stabbed Vajpayee's back and today they have stabbed Manmohan Singh."

She said,"Had I paid Rs 25 crore to Ansar Burney, Sarabjit would have returned to India."

Dalbir said," I traveled in trains, buses and went from pillar to post to bring Sarabjit, but I failed."

She said,"The Indian govt will have to get answers from Pakistan."

"Pakistan government will continue to facilitate for the early completion of all formalities. Sarabjit will be brought back today, he will be given the status of a martyr," she said.

She added,"I will fight for Indian prisoners who are still languishing in Pakistan. I will keep fighting for the other 'Sarabjits'."

She said,"Pakistani activist Ansar Burney is a fraud. He made fake promises to us."

10.25am: External Affairs Ministers Salman Khurshid said,"India-Pakistan talks will take a hit."

9.23am: Pakistan to return Sarabjit's body. 

9.20am: Pakistan assures probe into attack on Sarabjit.

9am: Family demands martyr status for Sarabjit

8.15am: Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh meanwhile issued a statement, condemning Pakistan government's apathy towards the Indian prisoner "The criminals responsible for the barbaric and murderous attack on Sarabjit Singh must be brought to justice. Particularly regrettable that the Govt of Pakistan did not heed the pleas, to take a humanitarian view of this case."

Prime Minister also added "Government will make the arrangements to bring his remains home and for his last rites to be conducted in consultation with his family" 

"I received a call from the doctor on duty (at Jinnah Hospital) at 1 am (1:30 IST) informing me that Sarabjit is no more," Mahmood Shaukat, the head of a medical board that was supervising Sarabjit's treatment, said. 

Officials of the Indian high commission in Islamabad said they had been informed by officials of Jinnah Hospital about Sarabjit's death. 

Sarabjit had suffered critical head injuries and a bone fracture when he was assaulted by five other prisoners with bricks and plates in Kot Lakhpat Jail in Lahore on Friday. The accused have confessed to attacking Sarabjit with an intention to kill him. They say they sharpened the end of spoons to attack Sarabjit.

Earlier it was reported that Sarabjit Singh was clinically dead. He was battling for life since April 26 after some jail inmates attacked him inside the prison.

While an Indian journalist in Pakistan Rezaul Hasan Laskar had tweeted that the doctors treating Sarabjit Singh had said that his condition  deteriorated, Mahmood Shaukat, the head of a four-member medical board who was supervising Sarabjit's treatment, later, confirmed the news.

Sarabjit's sister on Tuesday had demanded that Indian doctors should be called in to assist in his treatment.

Sarabjit was convicted for alleged involvement in a string of bombings in Pakistan's Punjab that killed 14 people in 1990.

(With PTI inputs)
source: dailybhaskar

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code