Ginger wine is one of the most popular wines in the world. Buying this wine from store may cost you too much. Therefore, you may make it on your own to make saving on wine. This will also allow you to add some personal flavor to your wine. Ginger wine has a sweet, but spicy ginger taste. Follow the step by step instructions below to make your own ginger wine.
· 1 cup sugar
· 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of peeled ginger root. Collect only fresh ginger root.
· juice of one lemon
· fresh granular baker's yeast (1/4 teaspoon)
· cold pure water
1. Pour 1 cup of sugar into the bottle using the dry funnel. Don’t take away the funnel until all the processes are complete and you cap the bottle.
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon of fresh granular baker's yeast through the funnel to the bottle. You can purchase it from any health food store.
3. Shake the bottle well to blend the yeast grains with the sugar granules.
4. Shred the ginger root on a "cutting" grater and turn out 1 1/2 Tablespoon of grated root.
5. Put the grated ginger in the cup measure.
6. Squeeze a lemon and collect its juice. Lemon is vital to reduce the PH level and prevent unwanted microorganisms. If you don't prefer lemon, you may use grapefruit juice.
7. Pour the lemon juice into the grated ginger.
8. Shake and blend the lemon juice and grated ginger to produce slurry.
9. Pour the slurry of grated ginger and lemon juice into the bottle.
10. Wash the containers that you used to make the slurry of lemon juice and grated ginger with clean water. Do not abandon or discard the water.
11. Then pour the rinsing water into the bottle.
12. Now Cap and wobble the bottle.
13. Reopen and add fresh and clean water up to the neck of the bottle, leaving about an inch of space above, then seal the face of the bottle with cap. Overturn the bottle frequently to carefully dissolve sugar. Also test the bottom of the bottle as the sugar usually stick there.
14. Store the ginger wine in a warm place for 1 or 2 days.
15. Check if carbonation is finished by pressing the bottle vigorously with your thumb. If it dents in, it is not complete.
16. Once you feel hard to squeeze the bottle, store it in the refrigerator for a day or two. Remove the lid of the ginger wine bottle just a little to release the pressure gradually.
Source: Article sand box