A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

My personal life is not meant for public consumption: Ranveer Singh
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Ranveer_SinghLounging lazily on a couch in his suite out of "sheer exhaustion" no thanks to back to back promotional tours across Indian cities, Ranveer Singh confesses that he is "nervous" about his forthcoming release 'Lootera' considering it's his first release in 19 months. But Ranveer is "confident" about the film as the "entire team has worked really hard." A low on energy Ranveer finally settles down, after a dose of medicine, to chat with TOI during his recent trip to the city. Excerpts:

Are you looking for an image makeover in your newest film? Lootera seems like a deviation from the kind of films you've done in the past.
I don't care about my screen image. That is something that others seem to be bothered about. I am here to act. I want to be known as a versatile actor, someone who has a huge repertoire of work, has played different characters and done a wide spectrum of films. I am still in the initial stage of my career and have little riding on my shoulders, I have the freedom to experiment.

But your personal life often seems like a reflection of your filmi characters.
Well, I really don't understand my personal life is so much in the spotlight! I am not in the film industry to put my personal life on display and let people make it a talking point. Why should my personal life take precedence over my work is something beyond my understanding.

New age Bollywood stars seem unaffected with all the rumours that surround their personal lives.
We are a matured lot. We know how the rumours spring up and we make sure that they don't affect our relationships. These are only speculations and are born out of someone's fertile imagination, so no one takes it seriously. When it comes to rivalry between actors, I'll say there's enough work for everyone, so there is no scope for insecurity. In Bollywood your colleagues often become your closest friends because you share so much time and space with them on and off screen. I've made some really great friends here (Deepika Padukone and Arjun Kapoor). However, most of us have our own set of friends who don't belong to the film industry, and those are the relationships that are more close knit and solid.

Do you feel uncomfortable interacting with your female co-stars once link-up rumours surface?
There is no discomfort with my co-stars because of the link-ups. Why should the rumours bother us when we know there is no substance in them? In spite of all those rumours, I still hang out with my co-stars.

With just two films to your credit you are already a brand. How has that panned out?
I think it's too early to say that I'm a brand. I have a long way to go. When I joined films, I had one chance to make it here. Band Baaja Baaraat provided that impetus. Now the real work starts. I need to maintain a consistency, keep giving good performances to remain to be in the top league. Once I build a certain commercial credibility around myself I will be able to do all kinds of cinema. After all, the commercial viability of an actor makes audiences go to theatres and watch a film.

Sourse : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code