There's some relief for CET aspirants with the education department making provisions to pay fees for the seats online. The Karnataka Examination Authority has launched e-payment facility for CET-2013 candidates to remit the stipulated fees, download admission order and join allotted colleges.
* The facility includes payment using net-banking and challan payment (through Indian Bank Core Banking Branch)
* All e-payments will have to be made to KEA account No. 6125538727 (other banks) and 6121857884 (through Indian Bank Branches) of Indian Bank, Malleswaram, Bangalore; IFSC code IDIB000M010
* Unique transactions reference (UTR) number in case of net-banking payments and reference number (RO) in case challans payments are made over the counter in any Indian Bank branch will be e-transmitted to KEA and enable printing of admission order.
* Reference number for net-banking challan, e-payments through Indian Bank or NEFT/ RTGS transactions should be downloaded from students' portal to enable the remittance in the bank.
* Payment can also be made to account No. 6142463758 ED/KEA collection account (RTGS / NEFT Account), Indian Bank, Malleswaram branch, Bangalore; IFSC code IDIB000M010 through NEFT / RTGS through any other core bank. The student must note down the UTR number and record the same on his / her web portal. CET admission ticket number should be recorded in the narration column of the remitter branch challan.
*Once payment is received, the allottee/candidate need enter his/her web-portal and download admission order within an hour of payment in case of net-banking payments mode in branches other than Indian Bank and within 24 hours when payments are made by challans (over the counter) in any Indian Bank branches.
* First, the allottee should download payment challans which will contain name of the CET applicant, reference number, amount to be remitted and the account to which payment need be made.
* Then, payment can be made through any core banking branches for payment to be made to Indian Bank account. (Some core banking branches may insist on the payee having a bank account). Payment can also be made through challan payment in any Indian Bank branch.
The following are the procedures of fee payment through e-payment gateway to obtain admission order:
Step 1: Log on to KEA portal using log-in password assigned to students as option entry process
Step 2: Note the details of college and course allotted with amount of fee to be paid
Step 3: Select any one of the e-payment mode given below
~ Net-banking - admission order can be downloaded immediately
~ Challan payment (through Indian Bank core banking branches) - downloading of admission order after one day
Step 4: System will display a list of banks including details based on the above mode of payment selection
Step 5: Select the particular bank where student or parent has account and use login credentials of the bank to transfer the prescribed fees to KEA account
Step 6: Candidates can download the admission order from this web portal, once fee transferred from student / parent account is credited to KEA account
Details including the step by step operations of the e-payment system will screen shots will be made available on KEA website.
Other information for attention of KEA allottees
* The CET-2013 real allotment of the first round will be published on KEA website http://kea.kar.nic.in at 11.30am on July 10
* The students can report to the allotted colleges if they are satisfied with the allotted seat after payment of fees through e-payment mode as detailed above and report to KEA about their joining through online mode at KEA web portal.
* If a candidate is partially satisfied with the allotted seat and wishes to continue to participate in the next round then he/she will have to pay the prescribed fees and intimate at KEA web portal. They need not join the college and the seat held by them will either remain or be replaced by alternative seat opted by them if allotted in second round of counselling.
* In the second round if such candidates gets the opted seat than the one allotted in first round, then automatically the previous allotted seat gets cancelled and the newly allotted seat will be confirmed.
* In case seat opted is not available as per options in the second round then the previous seat allotted in the first round will be retained.
* If the allottee has not paid the fees within the stipulated time, the allotted seat will be cancelled and brought back to the pool for allotment in the second round.
* Candidates will have to join the colleges allotted to them in the second round and intimate KEA through web portal. Failure to join the college and failure to surrender the seat allotted at the end of the second round will result in forfeiture of the fee paid and cancellation of seat allotted.
* The colleges shall also enter the details of the candidates reporting to the colleges through the KEA web portal.
* The list of candidates who have made the payment and downloaded admission order will be available to the respective colleges on KEA's web portal.
Source: Times of India