A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

I want to be part of significant cinema like Aamir Khan: Ranveer Singh
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

ranveer_singhRanveer Singh says that after tasting success early in his career there have been moments when stardom got to him, but the actor credits his family for keeping him grounded.

Ranveer started his acting career with 2010 hit "Band Baaja Baaraat" and then went on to do "Ladies vs Ricky Bahl". The 28-year-old actor's recent release 'Lootera' has also been appreciated.

The actor's father scolds him whenever he tends to act "bratty".

"I have a very close knit nuclear family who are very frank and blunt with me, especially my father. I will admit, there have been occasions where my father has scolded me saying, 'What are you doing? Why are you behaving like this? you are getting really bratty!'. He keeps me in check.

"And then I have these two best buddies since the age of 13-14. They are just what real friends do, keep criticising my work and never let me fly high. They make me feel like just another guy. When you have such close people you can never lose your mind," Ranveer told in an interview.

The actor says he does not care about stardom and plans to stick around in the industry for a very long time.

"What I hope for myself in terms of the career I want and the sort of contributions I want to make to the films, stardom doesn't really matter then. I know where I have to reach so I am not looking at what is happening around me but just concentrating on work," he said.

Ranveer insists he wants to be part of significant cinema just like Aamir Khan.

"I want to be part of significant cinema. Like Aamir Khan, I think he has been part of the most defining films of Indian cinema. That is my goal."

Ranveer thinks 'Lootera' has proved to be a game-changer for him and he looks forward to working with the "cream crop" of directors from here on.

"The kind of response the industry has had to my film is big. I hope to have an opportunity to work with the best directors. I am already working with best. 'Band Baja Baaraat' was a very strong start... On that basis I got 'Ram Leela' and 'Gunday'. Now after 'Lootera' I hope to continue working with the cream crop of directors."

Sourse : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code