A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

‘You are always a struggling actor’
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Raveena Tandon might not be a box-office hit, but the actress is lighting up screens at international film festivals, while raising the bar for Indian cinema. 
Her previous film, Shobhana 7 Nights (2012) by Sudipto Chattopadhyay, won the Special Recognition Award at Jaipur 

International Festival (2013) and did rounds at many international film fests. For the film, Raveena Tondon also won the Best Actor Award at Indian Film Festival in Houston (2012). Talking about the film’s success and her role, she says, “It gives me immense happiness that the film has been recognised and awarded at Chicago, Houston and now Jaipur. I played the role of a socialite and columnist named Shobhana, portraying a woman older than me with a gray side to herself.”
In Chandigarh on Tuesday with her younger son Ranbirvardhan, Raveena says people don’t exactly fade away from the industry till they want to. “Though as an actor I have been missing from the big screen, it doesn’t mean you’ve faded away; there are always television and endorsements to keep you busy. But, from the day you enter the industry to the day you choose to exit, you remain a struggling actor. No one ever gets comfortable in their shoes.”

About choosing the right scripts for her comeback, she says, “My focus now is quality roles, like the one in Shobhana. I really want to try my hand at playing a purely negative character.”

The winner of a National Film Award for Best Actress for Kalpana Lajmi’s Daman, Raveena is also working for the industry down south — she has been roped in by Telugu filmmaker Srinivas to essay a mother’s role in his upcoming comedy. “I am deliberately picking up less work. Movies come and go, my children’s (Ranbirvardhan and Rasha) childhood doesn’t.”

Talking about her adopted daughters, Raveena says, “Both of them are married now; the elder one has also granted me the tag of a grandmother!”

Expressing her keenness to do a good Punjabi film, she adds, “I am a hardcore Punjabi. Living in Mumbai, I do not get many chances to converse in my mother tongue. But, when I enter North India, my Punjabi comes rushing out!”

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code