A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

I have been net loser in 2G scam, Anil Ambani says
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Anil_AmbaniNEW DELHI: Industrialist Anil Ambani told CBI that he was a "net loser" in the 2008 2G scam as the controversy cost his prestige and eroded the market cap of Reliance Communications.

Ambani's statement, recorded by CBI and submitted to the trial court recently, said the 2G episode burnt his fingers even as he maintained that he had nothing to do with Swan Telecom.

"I would like to state that in this entire process, I have not gained anything and, on the contrary, I have lost my prestige/image. I am a net loser since 2008. Market capital of Reliance Communications has come down drastically," Ambani had said in his statement to CBI in February 16, 2011.

While Ambani argued that he went by the advice of his officials in a 9.9% investment in a telecom start-up, CBI sources said its investigation team did not want to call the Reliance ADA group chairman and his wife Tina Ambani as witnesses in the 2G spectrum case trial.

"It was not our decision. The request to include Anil Ambani and Tina Ambani as witnesses was that of special public prosecutor U U Lalit. We had already investigated the role of RTL and given our required witnesses' list earlier," a top CBI officer said on Tuesday.

RTL has approached the Supreme Court, contesting the special CBI court's summons for Anil and Tina Ambani.

In his statement to CBI on February 16, 2011, Ambani said he "does not" admit Swan Telecom was a Reliance ADA group company. Swan is facing trial in the 2G case along with its promoters.

On questions related to shell firms allegedly related to his company, Ambani told CBI that these questions could be "best answered" by his colleagues as he had "full faith" in them.

CBI, in its chargesheet, alleged that RTL had used Swan Telecom, an ineligible firm, as a front company to get 2G licences and costly air waves. Three top executives of Reliance ADAG are facing trial in the case along with others.

On being asked about Swan Telecom, Ambani had said, "I state that in February 2007, Gautam Doshi, my colleague, came to me and said that Ashok Wadhwa was interested in telecom licence of J&K circle and was willing to fund a start-up company for this. I was informed by Gautam Bhai that we are going to buy 9.9% stake only in the company. Regarding approval of 9.9%, I totally relied upon Gautam Bhai, supported by Anand Bhatt, who was structuring the company."

Asked why Re 1 preference share was bought by RTL at Rs 999 premium, he said, "I don't interfere in all day to day matters, and this was decided by Gautam Bhai and his team. I believe that my colleagues will do or take right decisions. I have full faith in them."

Asked about companies named Tiger, Zebra and Parrot, he told CBI, "We promoted a large number of companies. All the paper work is done by my colleagues and these questions can be best answered by my colleagues."

Refrence : Times of India

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code