A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

Movie Review: Inkaar
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Movie Review: Inkaar

Cast: Arjun Rampal, Chitrangada Singh

Directed By: Sudhir Mishra

Ratings:  *  *

A girl who comes from a small town, Wants to make it big in the City. She meets up with an Intelligent Man, Learns her lessons well. Uses her body as a Weapon? And the game begins. Prepare yourself for slow but a gripping game of Jealousy, Love, Lust, Manipulations, Scheming and Betrayal.

Inkaar gives you a kind of Reality-Check into the working atmosphere of the corporate world where a member of the board of an advertising company Maya (Chitrangada Singh) alleges that the CEO of the company Rahul (Arjun Rampal) indulged in sexual harassment. The meeting cum hearing headed by a member of the women's social welfare society takes place in a conference room of the office and both the petitioner and the culprit get an opportunity to justify their actions in the presence of their office colleagues.

While both Rahul and Maya explains how it began and finally led to harassment. The film on numerous occasions gives you the narration with Flash-Back's. Inkaar keeps you curious till the end as to in whose favor the decision will go, But it has it's slow pace movements.

The film reminded me of Michael Douglas-Demi Moore starrer 'Disclosure' and our very own desi version 'Aitraaz' and Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Corporate' at many point of time. The film also tries and gives a Negative Message about the corporate office structure and society. C'mon guys, Not everyone is evil-minded in the corporate world! I wonder what would be the reactions from a common Office-Goer's family after watching this film. And i will seriously not agree with the explanation about Harassment and Flirt which (Tried to) draw a line.

There is weakness and confusion in the climax. You would wonder what happened to the sexual harassment case (On which the whole film was based) and where the two leads disappear?

I will not say Sudhir Mishra has made an excellent film here, Because all i found from the entire film was Negativity and lots of Inspirations from various other films. But the camera work was good which was later a let down by a slow editing. Performance wise from Arjun Rampal to Chitrangada Singh to Deepti Naval, Everyone was Brilliant.

If you are above 35 years of age and looking for some bold steamy atmosphere, Inkaar could be for you.

Inkaar has strong Performances but a weak script and Negative Message.

Source: http://www.page3bollywood.com/reviews/89-reviews/2300-movie-review-inkaar

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code