A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

IPL 7: Getting Gayle out was an awesome moment, says Sandeep Sharma
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Sandeep Sharma Kings XI Punjab and young medium pacer

Dubai: He knocked over Chris Gayle`s stumps in his very first over to set it up for Kings XI Punjab and young medium pacer Sandeep Sharma said it was an "awesome moment" to dismiss the feared batsman in their IPL match against Royal Challengers Bangalore here on Monday.

"I`ve seen Gayle playing many times, hitting many other bowlers, it was an awesome moment (to get him bowled)," Sharma said at the post-match presentation ceremony. Kings XI Punjab continued their winning streak with a facile five-wicket victory to strengthen their position at the top of the heap as Royal Challengers Bangalore were left licking their wounds after yet another loss in the ongoing Indian Premier League.

Man of the Match Sandeep Sharma led with impressive figures of 3/15 while Rishi Dahwan (2/14) and Mitchell Johnson (2/19 ) chipped in with two wickets apiece. There was a wicket for Laxmypathi Balaji also.

"I`m feeling lucky that I`m winning back-to-back Man of the Match awards, I`m feeling awesome," Sharma, who also won the award in his side`s previous game against Kolkata Knight Riders, said.

KIXP skipper George Bailey said they are working well as a unit. "Confidence is a really big thing, we are working well as a unit. Low totals can be tricky, but Viru (Virender Sehwag) in the middle you know you`ll get the boundaries," Bailey said.

When their turn to bat came, Virender had raced to a 26-ball 32 with four boundaries before he was given out caught behind. Replays, though, suggested there was no outside edge.
RCB captain Virat Kohli talked about the importance of momentum in this format.

"When you lose momentum in this format, it is difficult to come back. In these two matches, we have tried different things, they haven`t come off," said.

Kohli praised young Yuzvendra Chahal and Varun Aaron for their efforts with the ball.
"I`ve told Chahal and Aaron to keep attacking all the time."

PTI

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code