A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

Tendulkar’s son Arjun reminds Yuvraj of his youth
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon

Tendulkar’s son Arjun reminds Yuvraj of his youth

If Yuvraj Singh is to be believed, the man who can replace him in future is Sachin Tendulkar’s son, Arjun. Yuvraj is known for his replies that sometimes border on mischief. During this one, however, he looked serious. “Sachin told me that Arjun’s style of batting is similar to 

mine. When I saw Arjun, it looked like I was batting when I was a youngster in Chandigarh,” said Yuvraj during a private event in New Delhi.
Words a balm
Yuvi’s words may come as a balm for the Tendulkars and put the Mumbai junior team’s selectors in a fix.

Arjun’s selection to the junior team was shrouded in controversy and rubbed many in Mumbai the wrong way.

Nevertheless, before Arjun walks onto the field to give fans the ultimate Yuvi experience, the Punjab southpaw will have to do it himself.

For that to happen, a lot will depend on his performance in domestic cricket and how much he lasts in those games. For a start, he hasn’t been able to play the Buchi Babu and Moin-ud-Dowla, the preparatory domestic events that lead to the first-class season.

But confidence has been his forte.

“I have no doubt about my abilities. I am focussed on getting back. I have been working hard on my fitness with Zak (Zaheer Khan),” he says.

It is hard to guess what chance the 2011 World Cup hero stands to make it to the 2015 Cup team, but he says he isn’t looking that far ahead.

Don’t forget
Although he does have a candid take on the likes of him and other out-of-favour seniors, and how they shouldn’t be forgotten. 

“Yes, you should not always mention the past, but you should also not forget what people have done in the past.”

No Replies
Leave a Reply Here
Enter Your Name
Enter your Email
Enter your Contact No
Enter Your Message
Enter the code