A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Filename: core/Router.php

Line Number: 114

Business News | Local & International Business News | Top Business Stories
images
 flag  India flag
sub icon
image Image Credit: Achim Lippoth   As an adjunct professor to the entrepreneurship class at a Michigan business school, I get asked questions from an intelligent group of students--all of whom are on the verge of starting the next Google. Or lemonade stand. Or something in between.   Over time, I've noticed that many of my answers seem to come straight out of a kindergartner's mind, demonstrating some innate childhood logic that is, invariably, the exact opposite of what my teachers taught me. Judge for yourself:   Student: "How do I get started on my business?"
My answer: "Act before you think."
Too many people spend far too lo
sub icon
image   Q: I am very successful at my day job, and I also run a small business. With more time, effort and investment, I think my business could be hugely successful, but this would require that I quit my job. How do you know when it’s the right time to take an entrepreneurial leap of faith? -- Nhuri Bashir

Almost everyone has some entrepreneurial spirit, and with it, the potential to run their own businesses. But an entrepreneur’s life isn’t for everyone. Many people decide instead to put their talents to work at somebody else’s company, innovating as intrapreneurs. For others, working for someone else is never an option, and so they start launchin
sub icon
image     Foreign lenders do not wish to become a State Bank of India having a presence across the country with a large network by converting into fully-owned subsidiaries, HSBC India said.   Stuart Milne, chief executive officer of HSBC India, said operating as branches or as a fully-owned subsidiary would make no difference to the company's strategy.   Speaking on the sidelines of recently concluded annual banking conference, Milne said, "Whether you operate as branches or whether you operate as a fully-owned subsidiary, makes no difference to our strategy here. Our India strategy remains the same."   He added that he didn't think that m
sub icon
image   Chinese stocks reported considerable gains in morning trade on Monday, thanks to the announcement of a bold and wide-ranging plan to reform the country's economy.   The blueprint for the country's economic and social reforms over the next decade suggests that the government would open the financial sector, relax investment norms in many closed sectors, let prices of natural resources to mirror market demand. The plan also suggests that more money would be put in the pockets of rural population.   Haibin Zhu, chief economist for China at JPMorgan, said, "The full-version report addressed many uncertainties and questions ... and the comprehensiveness and
sub icon
image It Is believed that Aberdeen Asset Management is planning to acquire Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP) from Britain's Lloyds Banking Group in a deal valued at around 500 million pound or $804.53 million.   According to people closer to the matter, the deal is expected to be announced on Monday and will be mostly in stock. The spokesperson of both Scottish Widows and Aberdeen Asset Management did not offer any comments on the matter. Under the deal, Lloyds will acquire just under 10 per cent of Aberdeen Asset Management.   Media reports suggest that Aberdeen Asset Management made a rival offer for SWIP from Australia's Macquarie Group Ltd. The deal would
sub icon
image Ali Fedotowskyimage credit: sheknows.com   Everyone loves a Silicon Valley success story: A handful of smart, driven young entrepreneurs gets together to work on a passion project, find an idea with real legs, and are rewarded with an lucrative "exit" of making it big or being purchased by one of the industry's giants.   While there are notable examples of software company exits making thousands  of people wealthy, there are always cases of workers who for one reason or another miss out on their potential fortunes.   Some leave for other opportunities that they are more passionate about. Others leave to found their own companies. Some just m
sub icon
image Entrepreneur: Rick Stafford, inventor, outdoorsman and former oil-field worker on Alaska's North Slope--the kind of guy "who will take three hours to build a tool to turn a two-hour job into 30 minutes."   "Aha" moment: An avid snowmobiler (or, as they call them in the 49th state, snowmachiner), Stafford wished to create an easy-to-pack means to walk away from vehicles that break down in deep snow. He was inspired, he says, by two people who were stranded less than a mile from a lodge "but couldn't walk in the chest-deep snow, and ended up spending the night out there under a tree. They were found the next day by a rescue group and helicoptered to An
sub icon
Ship building companies offer a variety of advantages for every ship owner. They contribute a lot in developing marine business. They mainly provide ship building and repair for inbound, coastal and inland vessels.  Other than this, they can even build pleasure and high performance vessels, paramilitary boats and passenger vessels.   Ship building is a multibillion industry which employs thousands of people and invest millions on equipment. So their careful selection is very important. You will find various companies of ship building therefore keep your research at deep level before coming out with any result. Essential facilities in ship building companies -  &nbs
sub icon
image Image Credit: Shutterstock The following is the eighth in the series "Personal Branding For A Better Life," in which marketing expert Jim Joseph applies big brand marketing lessons to help you build a successful personal brand.   A marketer’s job is never done. There’s always a new challenge to tackl   Personal branding is much the same. You are a continual work in progress as is your brand, so please don’t get overwhelmed or frustrated. As you continue to grow, new challenges will always come your way.   Life is a journey -- one that is meant to be enjoyed every step along the way. I’d like to think I’m still evolving, try
sub icon
image         New Delhi: Hyundai Motor India on Friday launched automatic version of its compact car Grand i10 in the country, with price starting at Rs 5.64 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

The company has launched two variants of Grand i10 with automatic transmission--Grand Sportz AT and Grand Asta AT, priced at Rs 5.64 lakh and Rs 5.92 lakh respectively (ex-showroom Delhi).

"We have conducted many product clinics and due to positive customer feedback the automatic transmission in Grand is introduced. The Grand automatic transmission further improves our value proposition offering smooth and effortless driving for customers," Hyunda
sub icon
image New Delhi: ICICI Bank MD and CEO Chanda Kochhar has been named as the most powerful businesswoman in India for the third consecutive year by Fortune Magazine.

Shikha Sharma of Axis Bank and Aruna Jayanthi of Capgemini India have taken the second and third place in the Fortune list of 50 most powerful businesswomen ranking for 2013.

Preetha Reddy, Managing Director of Apollo Hospital Enterprises, and Mallika Srinivasan, CEO of Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE), have secured the fourth and fifth positions, respectively.

"Whether it's heading the Indian operations of an energy multinational or the world's largest coffee chain, w
sub icon
<p> Providers of corporate team building activities. Offers firework and laser shows, choreographed to music. Company profile, event management, special effects, news, and contacts.</p>
sub icon
image Shareholders of Alitalia on early Tuesday approved a plan to raise 300 million Euros, or $407 million in fresh capital for the Italian carrier. This will be perused by a marathon meeting in Rome. The plan also requires influencing the largest investor, Air France-KLM, to boost up its contribution to repair the debt-laden airline. This has been making no profit from a decade.   The meeting ended without any instant decision from the French-Dutch airline. The airline at present possesses 25% of Alitalia, increasing the chances of weeks of uncertainty concerning Alitalia's future possession structure and long-term policies.   Shareholders of Alitalia are not openly traded.
sub icon
image The Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Monday registered a money laundering case against the board members of crisis-hit National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL).   The ED registered the case against NSEL board, including its vice chairman Jignesh Shah and directors, Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).   Confirming the move, an official from the directorate said, "We have registered a preliminary inquiry into the NSEL scam as we strongly suspect money laundering."   The official added that the ED would initially start with questioning everybody involved in the Rs 5,600-crore scam. Normally, a case is registered if a prima facie evidence suggests that a perso
sub icon
image Yahoo Inc Chief Executive Marissa Mayer walked into a Manhattan hotel three weeks ago. She was welcomed like a rock star by hundreds of marketing executives. These executives snapped pictures as she sat down for an interview with journalist Charlie Rose.   The industry supposed Mayer as not caring about promotion, in its place focus is only made on products, Cohen said.   "I think that Marissa has gotten a bit of a bad rap," said David Cohen, the chief media officer at UM, the global media arm of Interpublic Group.   Advertising exchanges allows marketers to instantaneously buy placement for their ads all over a broad constellation of websites. The altera
sub icon
image N Chandrasekaran

MD & CEO, Tata Consultancy Services

Annual Salary: Rs 11.6 crore

N Chandrasekaran joined TCS in 1987 after completing his Masters in Computer Applications from Tamil Nadu in 1986 and a Bachelor of Science in Applied Science from Tamil Nadu too.

The SRM University has conferred the Degree of Doctor of Literature (2010) on N Chandrasekaran for his pioneering and outstanding contributions to the industry.

He is responsible for formulating the company's global strategy, creating footprints in 44 countries.

N Chandrasekaran has led the company to touch market capitalisation of $50 bn
sub icon
image The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had decided earlier to raise the price of domestic gas but the row on the issue still looks far from settled. In what could prove a setback for Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), there is a proposal to deny it a higher price for gas produced from its D1 and D3 discoveries, if it is established the company artificially suppressed output in these fields.

The petroleum & natural gas ministry is set to seek the Union Cabinet's approval for this proposal. Simultaneously, the ministry has asked its technical arm, the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons, to decide soon on RIL's revised field development plan, which had forecast lower
sub icon
image MUMBAI: The rupee slumped to a record low near 69 to the dollar on Wednesday on growing worries that foreign investors will continue to sell out of a country facing stiff economic challenges and volatile global markets.    The pummelling in markets sent the rupee reeling 3.7 per cent to an all-time low of 68.85 with the unit closing just a touch off that, at 68.80/81 per dollar, its biggest single-day fall since October 1995.    It closed on Tuesday at 66.24/25.    In absolute terms too, the 256-basis-point fall in the rupee was the biggest ever.    An assault on the psychologically key 70 level now appears imminent, as intervention fro
sub icon
image NEW DELHI: Gold prices regained Rs 32,000 per ten gram level after nine months in the national capital today on increased stockists buying as rupee plunged to historic low of 66-level.   Gold surged by Rs 500 to Rs 32,000 per ten gram, a level last seen on December 3 last year, as the rupee hitting a record low against the US currency made the dollar-priced metal costlier.   Silver also rose for the third day by jumping Rs 800 to Rs 54,800 per kg on increased offtake by jewellers and industrial users.   Bullion merchants said the precious metals surged after the rupee plunged to a new record low of 66 per dollar, raising fears the dollar-denominated metals would be
sub icon

Admission in European Universities 2013-2014 academic year starts right now!

The admission process for the 2013-2014 academic year starts right now!
Send us your educational requests via e-mail, live chat or skype
and we will provide you with the fullest information about all
possible options according to your choice. Our managers will
give you details about different degrees, majors and universities.
You will also find out the price packages.

We would like to draw your attention to the fact that Ban-Company Education Consultants
acts as an exclusive representative of GEORGIA,UKRAINE,
BELARUS,
First  < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >  Last
@Copyright 2013 My Infoline -Whole World At Your Fingertips
(This site in under beta version, please feel free to send your suggestion to improve this portal , and also write a email to us if you find any bugs.)